Information about this website
All the photographs on this website are original and protected by copyright. They can be licensed on a rights-managed (single-use) basis. You can get a quote online by clicking on a photo and completing the form that appears. Images are provided digitally by email as high-resolution jpeg files.
I register my photographs with the U.S. Copyright Office. Licensing fees for use without advanced authorization are three times the fair-market rate for authorized use if paid within 10 days of the use, or 10 times the market rate for authorized use after that.
The site is organized by by sections, each with several categories. There is a compete table on the home page, but below is a summary.
- Minneapolis, Minnesota (organized by neighborhood, such as downtown)
- St. Paul, the capitol of Minnesota
- Categories, organized by general subject (such as animals, people, squirrels).
- China, which has several sub-categories for photos taken in the People's Republic of China (such as Beijing).
- Philippines, the former Spanish and American colony in Southeast Asia. There is an abundance of photos from extensive visits there, including Manila, Ilocos Norte, and Angeles City.
- Well-known Minnesota photographer Bob Firth.
- Jim Pickerell, well-known stock photographers who's work is being offered here.
- Prints, a section with images that can be bought immediately online.
CameraI have been using Canon digital cameras, a 10 megapixel Canon 40D. Before that I used a 6.3 megapixel Digital Rebel. I use Canon L-series lenses: a 17-40mm/4L, 70-200mm/4L, and a 35mm/1.4L (also a 50mm f/1.8 lens). Photos taken before 2004 were taken with a Canon G2. Bob Firth's work is mostly medium-format film, with some digitally captured as well.
How was this site made?This site was developed on a LAMP system (Linux, Apache,MySQL, and Perl). It's generated from an SQL database which holds data for each photo in the website. The site is meant to be both an online gallery, visual resource, and commercial stock photo source. Some photos have links related to the subject of the photo, and visitors can post comments under photos to share information or opinions. This website has a removal policy for objectionable, harmful, libelous, or offensive material. Chris Gregerson is available for photography work and website development.